Every player loves to shoot basketball because shooting makes players stand out in the team. Shooting is the most important part in basketball game. If the player can’t shoot, a score cannot be made. The ability to make good shoots requires lots of practice therefore this skill is most practiced. To become a superb shooter, player must have a proper shooting form and mechanics.
Following are some basketball shooting tips to excel in shooting.
- An effective shooter should be poise and compose. It is the foundation for a successful shooting. Maintaining physical and mental stability is more important. This includes body balance, relaxation, concentration and discipline in the player.
- Another one of the keys to be great shooter is to have focus during a game. If players lack confidence then he will not have an idea of that which place in the court is suitably best to perform shooting. This lack of focus can cost team severely and the team will not be able to have victories which they had wished.
- Don’t be distracted. A great shooter must not let his mind distracted away from the game and ball with little things. The payers must realize that defense is out in the court and is their biggest hurdles. They cannot afford to be distracted and lose basketball.
- Be confident because confidence greatly impacts on the game. Confidence comes from a mind free from doubts. Only a confident player can deliver ball aplomb in the ring and score a goal, making a huge contribution in the victory of the team.
- Concentrate towards shooting to score a point. Don’t waste chances to attempt just to shoot.
- To move with accuracy, eyes should be on the target that is rim. Locate it as early as possible to plan the move to shoot. Don’t be a ball watcher. Instead the sight should be directed to the target (rim). Continue reading
Basketball tactics help players and coaches to improve basketball game dramatically. It consists of defensive and offensive strategies.
Zone Defense: Basketball court is divided into variety of zone defenses such as 2-3 zone, 3-2 zone, 1-3-1 zone etcetera. The basic rule follows in defense zone is that defender guards defense zones but not a player. When a basketball player comes with a ball in defense zones, the defender guards that player that is offender. He will defend that player until the ball is passed or player moves to other areas in the court. Defender takes out offence out of their comfort stance to shoot or pass basketball. Defender should be aware of basic rules of these zones and to be train in shifting, moving a ball.
Play hard defense. Good defense always win many basketball games. The key of good defense is to stay between the loop and the player enters in the defense zone. In other words defender should come between offense player and the basket. Guard the player in low position with an evenly balance weight. Don’t stand on a flat foot; a defender should stand on the balls of his feet. Don’t swipe quickly with hands because this increase the chances of fouls or an offensive player can get pass around defender quickly. If offensive player is quick then guard defense zone from front and outside of offense player’s shooting range. This will give defender some time to stop offender going around.
The next important tip for defender is to know offensive player tactile sense. Know offender strengths and weaknesses and pay concentration to his moves if he is good shooter and stay close to him. Watch his eyes because they tell about the direction of passing a basketball dribbling in his hand. In case if offensive player is good dribbler then stay away from him at a couple of steps. If he is right handed player then over-guard him right side and force him to use his left side for dribbling. Continue reading